Alaska Marriage License Information For Your Juneau Wedding

Complete application, rules and online marriage license application available on the State of Alaska website. Here is the short version…

  • A blood test is not necessary.
  • If either party has been married previously, the beginning and ending dates of all previous marriages must be listed on the application.
  • There is a 3 day waiting period after the state receives your completed application, and you should mail your completed application, along with a $40 fee to the State up to 90 days before your wedding day.
  • If the application is signed when sent to the State Bureau of Vital Statistics, it must be signed by both parties and witnessed by a Notary Public.
  • If the application is not signed when it is sent, it may be signed and witnessed at the court or Bureau office when the marriage license is picked up.
  • You are responsible for personally obtaining the license timely regardless of any ground transportation arranged or included in your destination wedding package. You are the only one that can apply for or pick up your license. Your wedding coordinator is unauthorized to do this for you.
  • The licensing office is only open weekdays, 8 am-5 pm excluding State holidays. If your documented travel itinerary shows that you will only be in town when their office is closed, call the state at (907)465-3391 for special processing. They may have you sign and notarize the application, mail back and forth, and bring it with you. You may also apply to and pick up your license at any State Vital Statistics office in Alaska if you choose. They do not require you to disrupt your shore excursions to do this from another cruise port if you process the license in advance as they require.
  • On Your Wedding Day: You must bring your license with you, along with government issued picture ID, to the wedding and obtain proper signatures. Pearson’s Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa has witnesses, if needed, for guests who book their wedding packages.
  • You will eventually need a state certified copy of your marriage certificate for legal proof of marriage. It is best to do this at the same time you apply for your marriage license. The State mails you the official copy a few weeks after the wedding.
  • An Alaska Heirloom Marriage Certificate by famous Alaskan Artists is available, and suitable for framing and gift giving.

2 thoughts on “Alaska Marriage License Information For Your Juneau Wedding

  1. I’m so glad it helped you Robbie. Congratulations on your engagement! Are you planning to get married in Juneau or some other part of the state?

  2. So glad you found this helpful. Are you getting married this year and considering a glacier wedding? If so, we’re looking for someone who would like to have their glacier wedding featured in a new book about Alaska’s glaciers. Let me know if you’re interested.

Comments are closed.